Thursday, November 10, 2016

On a lighter note

SO I was really nervous about posting yesterday... I imagine some of you just skipped it and that's totally fine. 

I just felt like I needed to get my thoughts out somewhere and Facebook was absolutely not an option. 

A day later it's a sigh of relief that so many people have seemed to change their tone (obviously not all but some). The world does keep moving no matter what and I think it forced many to really reflect on who they are and the example they set. Sometimes good comes out of the worst situations and people and that's my biggest hope. 

On that note, I'm done giving anymore attention to it. Especially on this blog.

So back to regular programming :) 

This past weekend I had a 10K race with my dad and Jacob in Wisconsin.

Appleton, Wisconsin is the home (and birth place, I think?) of Houdini. Who knew? So the race is called the Houdini 10k and I imagine we will be signed up for many years to come. My parents call Appleton home now so it was also fun exploring their small downtown. 


Jacob and I found a bar with a shuffle board and stayed there for over three hours. Shuffle boards in bars keep us very entertained.
(On a side note: I was undefeated. Thankyaverymuch!)

But back to the race... 

It went fantastic. The weather was incredible and the route was perfect (Perfect equals a down hill every time you want one).



I have to tell you that Jacob had not trained at all for our 10k (I guess law school is time consuming or something).

He actually has never ran farther than a 5k. He ran a 5k in September and one mile a weekend or so ago. That was his training. 

So anyways I finish the race and I'm waiting with my camera for my dad to come in next. Jacob told me that he would probably walk some and run as much as he could but he wasn't going to kill himself so I wasn't even looking for him yet. I see my dad a ways out and get my camera ready. I'm just focusing on him and trying to see if I can tell how he's doing. All of a sudden I look about three feet in front of me and there is Jacob! Running and SMILING! 


What came out of my mouth next was the least supportive thing I could have yelled..."WHAT ARE YOU DOING??"
It was all I kept saying lol 

I ran with him a few feet and I was just so confused. I suppose I meant more like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" But I am sure I was beaming. I was so freaking proud of him. He said he didn't walk once and after he got through the first 3.1 miles he just was in a groove. I'm so proud of him! It was the farthest he has ever ran and he was happy! 

My dad did great too and really enjoyed the route. 


We had beers at the end together and sat in the sun. 



Who would have thought in November! in northern Wisconsin! we would be in shorts... Drinking cold beer?? Winter you can stay away as long as you want!

XO 

Jess







2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the run! So glad the weather and route were perfect. Cold beer would almost motivate me to run that much....almost....haha :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the coolest information is that a few virtually do paintings. but, what works on one man might not always paintings on another, and vice versa.http://testoupmaxfacts.com/vmax-male-enhancement-reviews/

    ReplyDelete