Wednesday, May 21, 2014

& just like that we are homeless

This morning I woke up & got ready as quick as I could so we could say goodbye to our first house. My dad met us for just a minute to take our picture and then we were off to the closing.





The weather today is beautifuuuul and this morning the sun was just beaming. Sounds corny but it was nice to have our last memories of the house include sunshine and warm weather. Emma got one last run in, in her back yard.


Walking through the empty rooms was sad and being outside (my favorite part of owning a house) was strangely hard but honestly we weren't here very long (only 1.5 years).

Jacob made a great point that although this was our first house, this wasn't our first home and as soon as he said that, I wasn't as sad anymore. It is completely the truth. We have apartments full of memories too.

I have been doing a lot of thinking though in the last few days about how much weight we put on the walls in which we live. We give so much power to possessions and that is just not how it should be.

The puppy who loves me more than food (that's alotta love) and the husband who holds my hand through all the ups and downs in life are what matter so there is nothing to be sad about. I didn't lose anything.


&&& gosh darn-it, not being a home owner is actually a huge relief. It is a hard job and it is a lot of stress.

*********************************************************************

Also I found this the other day on pinterest & really liked it so I'm sharing! It kind of explains how I feel about picking up all the pieces of our life and chasing after Jacob's dream : )



Happy Hump Day, Cuties!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the reminder sweet friend. The walls in which we live are just that... walls. Happy closing day! On to greener pastures! ALSO, your sweet puppy looks like my in-law's puppy only red-brown. My border collies would love Miss Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, must be both sad and exciting all at the same time!! Great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I feel for you! We are in the process of moving out of the first house we've owned as well. We'd love to sell it but we're on a short timeline and renting is probably going to work out better for the time being...but whether we sell or rent, the possibility of us living here again is slim. I don't think it's quite hit me yet that we're leaving and that it will be someone else's house soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally relate. Every time we go back to our old house, I get so sad. It's really hard to separate memories and physical things. You can still have the great memories without the house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you said about not putting weight on the walls in which we live. I think I do that a little too much sometimes. I've never owned my own house. I've been living in apartments for six years, and I am OVER IT. But I know owning a house brings it's own stress, so I'm trying to be patient until that day comes.

    ReplyDelete