Friday, October 25, 2013

you become who and what you surround yourself with

This week really flew by...don't you love when that happens?

I have a long run tomorrow morning and I am hoping to get in 10 miles or more. 

I can't believe it is already here but I have my fourth Half Marathon next weekend. I am really excited about this one. It is hosted at a local brewery. After you finish, you get a free brewery tour and a lasagna dinner.

But let's be honest here. I am most excited about the lasagna. I am hoping that dreaming about hot, buttery garlic bread while running will just make me run faster. 

My hubby will be running too! Not the half but what they call the 1/6 barrel-cute huh? (about 4.5 miles) I am super proud of him. I just love that he is trying to do something I love. Yesterday, I told him that I signed up for a Turkey Trot 8K. I was nervous because the poor guy shakes his head daily about the money I spend running, but all of the sudden I got a text back that said...
"Well now I signed up too." 

Man, that guy knows how to make my heart happy.

Hopefully I can get him to do a guest post someday. He has a very different perspective on running. He doesn't love it and I am sure I won't hurt his feelings when I say he isn't very fast or cares to be. He still goes out and does what he can. He will never do long distance but he really tries and to him that is enough.

A terrible picture of  our shadows running the other weekend.
As much as I have rubbed off on him to start running, sometimes I could really use his outlook on running. Some days I take it too seriously and I am way too competitive. Taking the "I do what I can and try my best" approach should be the way I view everything not just running. 

Good thing we become who we surround ourselves with :)

He is a big kid.

Happy Friday, Everyone! 
I hope you get to enjoy a long run (if that's your thing) and have a beautiful fall weekend wherever you are. 


Who is the best influence on you and why???




No comments:

Post a Comment