& I didn’t like it... I didn’t like it at all.
But I am here today :) with Five on Friday!
I don’t know why it’s taken me three weeks to jump on this link up because I love it. Basically I love lists (because I am OCD) and I love randomness (hence the name of this blog) so it makes sense.
1. Over the last year I can say with confidence that my style has really developed. Not like I think I am straight up Pinterest material over here but I have "grown up" whatever that means. I have said sayonara to the days of trying to stick my hips into low rise pants and I laugh at the crop tops Kendall Jenner wears...But I am here to tell you, I found the best fitting jeans this week & although I have tried to quit this store and move on...
I. Can. Not.
I will forever be 21 and I don’t care. I got the cutest jeans for 8.50!!! 8.50!!! I hope I just wasn't completely delusional in the fitting room but I swear they look great and don’t feel like they were only $8.50- On second thought, I am sure that after a few washes I will be telling you how fast they went to Goodwill but I digress...go get yourself sum.
2. I found the best pick me up, mid-week & I am very concerned for my thighs. Over my lunch hour, after the gray jeans fit amazingly and I burned some calories dancing in the mirror…come on, you do it too... I decided what better way to reward myself than with the smell of buttery pretzels. Then the smell turned into 4 dollars being handed over and me drowning my mid-week stress into an Aunt Annie’s pretzel. I am not sure I came up for air. I forgot how freaking amazing those things are. I have been plotting and planning ways to get Jacob to the mall this weekend so I can drown my weekend happiness in another one. Actually I just think all emotions should be celebrated with Aunt Annie’s Pretzels and I refuse to forget about their magical ways. I know I am taking this too far and my life seems very boring since this is a highlight of my week. Got it.
3. On Monday Jacob was home early, if you know us you know how much of a miracle that is, and you will not believe what he did after he walked in the door. He bundled himself up, missed part of Monday night football and ran for a half hour with me outside. I didn’t even have to beg or whine! By far this has been the best part of my week. It was cold but beautiful out and running in the dark is really a blast. Try it. I have to think of a selfless thing to do for him now. Maybe I will buy him an Aunt Annie’s pretzel.
|I know, I need to get better at taking pictures but I think you get the point. |
We were running. It was Dark.
4. I signed up for my first indoor race on a track. It is a 20K and I think it will be boring as hell (did I mention NO headphones). However I wanted to give it a try. Also I couldn't turn down the 15$ entry fee. Great deal. Get ready for a blog post about it. I run it on December 8th.
5. This weekend we have not ONE thing planned. Whoops! Correction we have lunch planned on Sunday but other than that NOTHING!!!!! It’s a miracle. I cannot wait to sleep in till 12 and hang out with this cute girl.
|This is her first professional picture. I am embarrassed at how much I paid. Don't ask. #dogmomproblems|
Reflecting back on #5 makes me realize how NOT ready for babies we are. I love weekends full of no responsibilities.
Tell me about your weekend? Any big plans??
Any races/runs ???